[Tfug] Clonezilla and bare metal backups or, "Symantec Ghost - I'm leaving you"

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:37:20 MST 2009

> We're forced to use NetBackup where I am..Worse, NetBackup in a tape
> environment. I know, I know, cue the ragtime piano music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Speaking of Symantec software that is crap, it appears that there are
currently no windows antivirus solutions that actually work correctly
on AMD64 builds of windows server 2008...  "Symantec Client
Protection" installs, but it's admin database can't be installed - you
need another x86 based machine for that.  Then it goes about breaking
file sharing and various other things randomly without any log
messages.  Lots of fun to debug!

- Zack