[Tfug] network connection

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Tue Jun 9 18:31:59 MST 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 18:01, Ray Reeves wrote:
> Good questions. I can only get about 5mb even though I subscribe to 8mb.
> Understand the issues with download servers etc. I use the comcast speed
> checker site as well as speak easy etc and get roughly the same results. a
> tech at comcast suggested that the 8mb would be split across both boxes.
> Not sure that is true. I am hardwired to the router as opposed to wireless.

Remember, you DO NOT have an 8Mbs connection... You have an *Up to 8Mbs*
connection. There is no guarantee of 8Mbs performance, or possibly even the
infrastructure/signal to support the full bandwidth. Let alone when you are
sharing the 30Mbs max capacity cable backbone with 1000 of your closest
neighbors.

Adrian