[Tfug] The monster

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Jun 6 09:21:10 MST 2009

I'm talking about TexLive

    As far as I able to tell, my system doesn't need it, but the
activation of
certain USE flags has caused hundreds of TexLive files to be downloaded
to my
machines (641 to be exact).

    I've discovered that certain features of KDE use it or to be more exact
just part of it. But, you can't have just the cream: They have to give
you the whole
cow.

    As of this writing Gimp, Ooffice, Firefox, and KDE  are working, and
texlive
is not installed, but the package has been downloaded. (ugh)

    I think it's a configuration management nightmare. Does anybody have
texlive
installed and is using it here?

                                                                   Cheers,
                                                                   Erich