[Tfug] Raytheon work

Linux Media linuxmedia2 at aim.com
Thu Jun 4 16:51:47 MST 2009

 >> Sorry, god forbid, I thought someone on this list might actually be
 >> looking for work - even if it is for the bomb making baby killers -
 >> my bad.  I didn't write it - it actually just came from someone at
 >> Raytheon. You girls are so delicate......

 > I hope you don't mind the question. I have several friends
 > at Raytheon.
 > They do not like working there. They'd almost rather flip burgers, but
 > it doesn't pay as well. To attract a really cool team of people, what
 > would the culture be like on this project?

Back in the recession of 1991, I had professionals helping me find work.
I never forgot when they told me that if a company has to advertise in a
time of recession, then something's wrong.

I went to one of those jobs (that was advertising). It was one of the
most terribly run places. And, of course, it always seems that with that
comes all kinds of hostilities and politics.

I was always told (by professionals) that a good work place never needs
to advertise. They have enough people that want to work there.

Btw... during that time... I went to several of these jobs that were
pro-actively looking for people. All of these jobs were in the category
of "worse jobs I ever had".

Think about it... it's a recession... there's no work... yet, a company
is advertising for people. Does something sound strange to you?

Rocco