[Tfug] HUH? WAS: Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:36:08 MST 2009

> You can use whatever OS you want. That's the nice thing about free Unix. The
> point is, there isn't much reason to be a cheerleader for the platform if
> the team consists of guys who eat their goddamn toe cheese.
>
> Cheers,
> Bowie

Ummmm...Bowie?  A Hackintosh isn't free...or if it is, Apple would be
somewhat interested.

It's triply not free because first, it costs money, second a lot of it
is closed source and thirdly A COMPANY WITH THE RESOURCES OF APPLE IS
ACTIVELY TRYING TO KILL YOUR COMPUTER.

Now that to me is a bad situation.  But if you like it, good for you.

I'll stick with Ubuntu thanks all the same.  (Edges slowly away from
Bowie, looking for a bell, book and candle or at least a copy of the
DSM-V...)