[Tfug] Some notes on Crunchbang Linux...

Joe Roberts deepspace at dataswamp.net
Fri Jul 31 13:50:21 MST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Jim March<1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyways.  I did run into one weird issue: XFCE always starts up with
> the master volume muted and dropped all the way down.  The box has
> some sort of early Intel HDA sound card.  Anybody know a quick cure?
> It's not THAT annoying...

This may be obvious (or not depending on what you're used to).  See if
alsamixer is installed on the system.  Run it in a term, set volume
levels at a sane default, then escape to exit.  That should save your
default settings.

I know that on my Gentoo system, out of the box it sets sound levels
like that too (muted), and changing them in WMs won't affect their
default upon load (they will still come up muted on a fresh boot); but
alsamixer saves its state.