[Tfug] freezing

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:39:49 MST 2009

Basically, if you have Jaunty and an Intel video card, you've got a
combination of software parts Ubuntu should NEVER have released,
period, end of discussion.

Intel video drivers are in flux and parts of their support are being
moved to the kernel.  But that didn't really get started until kernel
2.6.29 and Jaunty ships with 2.6.28.

GO HERE:

I used an earlier version of that and so I'm doing OK with 2.6.29 and
the intel edgers driver repo.  Since it's fast and doesn't crash, I'm
just sticking with that for now.  Karmic alpha3 is actually looking
pretty decent so I figure I'll jump to Karmic at alpha4 or 5 pretty
soon.

Jim