[Tfug] freezing

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Thu Jul 30 18:23:19 MST 2009

On Thu, July 30, 2009 4:15 pm, Ray Reeves wrote:
> Unfortunately for me the only thing freezing up here in Tucson is me PC.
> It is a P4, 2gb ram, 80gb drive w/ubuntu 9.04

I have that problem with a P4 2.4 amd Ubuntu 9.04.  I run a temperature
monitor and have the System Monitor running.  Temps aren't above about
120, using about 300 MB memory.  I can restart and it will run another
several hours.

Just did it while I was writing this.

I was going to try Menadriva but have trouble getting it to install.  I'll
probably try Fedora 10 this weekend.  I'm wondering if X is choking on my
ATI graphics card after a while.

I think the first thing is to find out if it is a computer problem or a
Ubuntu 9.04 problem.

I run 9.04 on a PIII with 512 MB memory while working at World Care and
don't ahve any problems.

Earl