[Tfug] Linux db

Matt Jacob matt at mattjacob.com
Wed Jul 29 17:05:08 MST 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM, <Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com> wrote:
> Ah - It's what is free or I already have install disks in my possssion.
> I also like the design grids that MS Access provides, so I wouldn't mind a
> similar environment.

MySQL and Postgres can both be obtained for free, though the MySQL
licensing has changed a little in recent years. You can still get the
"community" edition under the GPL, and PostgreSQL is licensed under a
BSD license. I prefer Postgres, but both DBMSes have their pros and
cons and a variety of GUIs and other tools available for them.

Matt