[Tfug] Shameless Software Trafficking (Wildly OT)

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Tue Jul 28 16:22:06 MST 2009

On 26 Jul 2009 at 8:00, johngalt1  wrote:

> Sounds like a reasonable request... But out of curiosity...
> You object to what? This thread was labeled OT.
> Could it be the:
>
> Irrelevant subject headers in your mail reader?
>
> Deleting the offending posts...(after reading them)
>
> What could it be?

Thread (which was started by an offer to sell non-FOSS software - a Windows
license - here) has become a political rant-thread/flamewar.  It's easy enough
to bit-bucket the entire thread but I don't think it's too much to ask that the
TFUG list to stay more-or-less on-mission:

------- Included Stuff Follows -------
  Tucson Free Unix Group

    The purpose of the Tucson Free Unix Group is to provide mutual support in
    installing and running free Unix operating systems, such as Linux and
    FreeBSD. The group encourages the development of local expertise in using
    these wonderful operating systems and the software available to them. In
    addition to a listserv, wherein members can communicate, the group
    encourages the development of friendships, social gatherings, and
    otherwise hobnobbing with our fellow free Unix users.

--------- Included Stuff Ends ---------
http://tfug.org/about.html

--
Angus Scott-Fleming