[Tfug] UML packages

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Tue Jul 28 14:42:47 MST 2009

beautiful Gabe.  I'll check the books out at the library and make my
determination later.
Thanks.

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Administrator,
Methods Engineering

gjsnuggle at gmail.com
Sent by: tfug-bounces at tfug.org
07/28/2009 12:39 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

tfug at tfug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] UML packages

Liz,

I dont know that you have to "learn" Visio, if you are familiar with other
microsoft tools like word, or excel, "learning" visio should be fairly
intuitive.
I am assuming that what you are really wondering is, is it worth to learn
UML.

>From the varying responses already given I think you can surmise that it
really depends on whether: you need for your job; you want to just lean it
for its on sake, the environment you find yourself in (ie. academic,
research, production, corporate, etc); etc.

I think you would have to make that determination on your own, if you do
decided to go ahead there is the UML bibble:

UML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Standard Object Modeling Language (3rd
Edition) (Addison-Wesley Object Technology Series)

although I like the O'Reilly books better

UML 2.0 in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (O'Reilly))
UML 2.0 Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))

hope this helps,

Gabe
Code Monkey
Generic Defense Company Inc.