[Tfug] eeepc and eeebuntu

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:08:34 MST 2009

Hey guys!

I just bought a nice little eeepc 1000HE. After checking the hardware, I
installed eeebuntu, the latest Jaunty version.

I really like the interface (NBR), but I have a strange problem. My wireless
hardware sees my wireless network just fine, as well as any other networks
around me, but although I have the exact same settings as on my other laptop
(also running Jaunty with the same Network Manager), it will not connect. It
just keeps giving me the "network requires authentication" box, asking me to
type in the password, even though it does in fact have the correct password
in it. I hit connect, and it acts like it is trying to connect, and then
gives me that box again.

I checked my wireless router, and there's nothing wrong there. I have
several devices that access the wireless network without any problem. The
last laptop I installed Jaunty on, did just fine, immediately logging on
after installation.

Any ideas? The only thing that is different, is that when I delete the
settings remembered for the network in order to start over, whenever I try
to connect (it does this the first time as well), as soon as I type in the
password, the keyring app opens up and asks me to type in the password for
the keyring. Could something be conflicting there?

Thanks,
Matthew