[Tfug] Looking for a Sun power supply

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 09:57:47 MST 2009

> I am looking for a SunFire V440 power supply.  Cheapest I am finding on
> Ebay, etc is about $500, and this would be a personal expense (not worth
> the $500 to me), if anyone has any retired equipment, etc, can you let
> me know?

Don't have a source on that particular part, but if you don't need all
4 processors in one box, v210's and v240's often go for under $200-400
on eBay.  I think the CPU's are compatible, but you will probably need
a different heatsink.     (If anyone needs it, I have a spare v210
chassis/power supply).

You might try looking for a stripped chassis, without
processors/drives.  I've also found searching by both the Sun spares
and Xoption numbers for parts can often help.

- Zack