[Tfug] OT: scanner repair

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu Jul 16 17:00:19 MST 2009

On 15 Jul 2009 at 20:12, Malcolm Schmerl  wrote:

> I do quite a bit of photography the old fashioned way, i.e., with film.
> I have a flatbed transparency scanner, (Acer 1240UT) that will do up to
> 4x5 if it were working. The thing was only $130 when new and I'd gladly
> purchase a replacement if I could find one. Does anybody out there fix
> scanners or know where I could get it repaired? If so, contact me off
> list. Thanks, Malcolm

You might try Martin's Technique on W Orange Grove Road, he repairs monitors
and TVs. 1160 West Orange Grove Road (520)544-9066

Replacements:
    Getting the Right Scanner for your Photographs
    http://www.slidetransparencyscanner.com/

    Slide Transparency Scanner Articles
    http://www.slidetransparencyscanner.com/category/slide-transparency-scanner-articles

--