[Tfug] Xorg 1.5

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Jul 10 14:17:41 MST 2009

Yeah,
          Here are the statistics: As of Tues, Mar 10 2009 I had this
machine stabilized & ready
to go. I've been running with it for a while. Just to give you some
background, this machine
functions as a workstation and a multimedia audio/video system. As such,
it has mplayer,
k3b, xine, kino and audacious installed on it. I want to do more movie
editing on it so
I've decided to get a 1000G drive as part of an upgrade.

          I decided in early July to upgrade the software and 193
software packages need
upgrading. It's currently in the process of downloading the 165th
package. So
my machine has been a "Rip Van Winkle" for only 4 months and look at the
hardware/software integration task that confronts me. Xorg 1.5 is a
about 10% of this.

          I hope I can get by without upgrading the compiler and the
kernel.  I have to put
constraints in the system or the process will blithely upgrade those too.

          Yes, HAL has already been upgraded.

Cheers,

Erich