[Tfug] new disk cycles over & over

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Fri Jul 10 12:18:19 MST 2009

The problem may not be with your drive, but rather the power savings
settings on your PC. Check the BIOS/EFI on your motherboard, and turn
off any/all hippy options to save power. If that fixes the problem, turn
the options back on, one by one, until you find the culprit.

If that process doesn't yield any results, boot off a live CD into
memtest or something, to see what it sounds like independent of what
hippy options the OS is trying to apply to the drive.

If I wanted to "save the planet", there are other places i'd rather do
it than my computer. If you run your computer like a hippy runs his
toilet (if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down) you
can expect similarly-smelling results. "going through alot of shit", namely.

Cheers,
Bowie