[Tfug] Apple Mac OS X: tool of Godless Darwinists and Communist / TROLL ALERT?

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 03:18:34 MST 2009

Bowie J. Poag wrote:
> johngalt1 wrote:
>>>
>>> This also applies to athiesm, oddly enough. They're just zealots of
>>> a different religion. I should know, I used to be one. (An athiest,
>>> that is..not a zealot.)..I was actually raised in an athiest home. I
>>> only became a Christian later in life, in my early 30's.
>>
>> Was it due to the influence of some woman? Good for her.
>>
>> After all this time, who would have thunk that Bowie would sound sort
>> of like keithsmith?
>>
>> bung*ole!
Not at all. It's just one of those things that occurs to you over
time..  There was a point where I just realized there's something very
alive underpinning and permeating everything, something sub-physical,
sub-philosophical, sub-mathematical in nature. I choose to call that,
and other things, God.  Arriving at that kind of realization sort of
requires a personal response, so, I spent about a year learning about
God, and decided to become a Christian about 4 years ago.  I wasn't
pushed into it, or guilt-tripped into it, and didn't have any
life-changing drama to spur it. It was by choice. I found my way into
faith without sacrificing free will, or behaving in a way that's
contrary to plain reason and common sense.

Here, i'll throw one out for you.

IMHO, God created the underlying laws and mechanics which made
higher-level systems like biochemistry possible. We are undoubtedly the
products of natural selection and evolution. Anybody who takes something
like the book of Genesis and inteprets it as anything other than
heavilly metaphorical in nature is completely dippy, woefully ignorant,
has completely missed the point, or is wholly incapable of subjecting
themselves to the discomfort that critical self-examination requires.