[Tfug] sda or hda?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Jan 16 23:02:50 MST 2009

OK,
        I've decided that this kernel version is either too buggy or too
for my box. Newer hardware is multicore, pci express, and SATA among
other things, and you guys that have such platforms may not have a problem
with 2.6.27-r7.
        I've decided to fly with 2.6.24 after messing around with the
fstab file,
and getting nowhere. It's still the same: whether I say my file systems  are
/dev/sda[x] or  /dev/hda[x], this version of the kernel freezes up. It
may be
that ATA is too primitive for it.

Erich