[Tfug] Jerks?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 19:44:28 MST 2009

Made me laugh.  The world is a funny place.

 Linux
Linux
is great. It's a free, open-source operating system (OS) based on work
done by Linus Torvalds in the early '90s. Again, it's free, powerful
and easy to ...

Oh wait, it's a pain to use. Let's get this straight: Linux is very good, and leads the charge in an ongoing revolution in free software.
However, a lot of Linux users out there give the whole thing a poor
name. They forget that most people don't know as much as they do about
computers. Some people garden, write poetry, fall in love or ... er,
bloviate about gadgetry.

Please don't confuse your fanaticism with superiority and, for the love of Jobs, stop telling us we're sheep under the sway of Microsoft.
No one likes Comcast either, but until it's convenient to string our
own fiber optic cable we're sticking with it. (Msnbc.com is a
Microsoft-NBC Universal joint venture.)

Cool if: You're not heaping disdain on the rest of us, or maybe if you're in charge of a server farm.

Not cool if: You feel your mastery of computers excuses your inability to control a neck-beard.

Keith Smith