[Tfug] Media cards

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 10:43:49 MST 2009

Hi,

"Standards are great; everybody should have (at least!) one"

<frown>

There seem to be more d*mn media card standards than there
are media card manufacturers!

SD, SDHC, CF, MS, SM, each of the preceding with "high speed"
option, etc.  (yes, there are several others, as well  :<  )

I'm trying to figure out which to use in a new design.
I think all except CF are intended as "secondary storage"
as they all have serial interfaces.  I.e., you can't do XIP
using them (well, not unless you keep faulting in pages!)

But, CF is big, bulky, more prone to damage, etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Thx,
--don