[Tfug] Netbook for $150

Eric Gearhart eric at nixwizard.net
Sat Jan 3 15:06:08 MST 2009

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 09:26:45AM -0700, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:

>> Just saw this at Compgeeks, this is the first Netbook under $150 (just barely)
>> that I've seen.  Anyone know anything about this unit?
>>
>> Alpha 400 MIPS 400MHz 128MB 1GB 7" Linux Ultralite Notebook Belco ALPHA-400
>> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ALPHA-400&cat=NBB

It's MIPS though... that means the Adobe Flash plugin won't work,
right? As I recall the flash plugin isn't architecture agnostic... I
suppose you could get the free as in speech flash alternatives going
on it... anyone had any experience with gnash or the like?

That kinda kills it for me (as a NETbook)... not having flash is like
not having CSS support these days...

Playing music / reading / watching movies on it though wouldn't be too bad

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net