[Tfug] top/bottom and middle posting

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 09:01:20 MST 2009

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Angus Scott-Fleming <angussf at geoapps.com> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2009 at 13:13, Bexley Hall  wrote:
>
> > Actually, I take the opposite approach -- pick *a* greeting
> > regardless of ToD!  For years, it was always "G'mornin'"
> > despite perpetual protestations
> > from others that "It's not morning!"  :>
>
> And in the military you're supposed to answer
> "[myrank] [myname]" ...

To *any* greeting?

> > But, then again, I also tend to like to always wear black or
> > white T-shirts and jeans, etc.  <shrug>  One less thing to
> > think about in the morning...
>
> Military uniforms?

In the military, you don't have a choice.  I *choose* to wear
black when I'll be engaged in activities that would make a mess
of a white shirt (e.g., a brake job); and white when doing things
that would make a mess of a black shirt (e.g., baking).

Of course, there are times when I get exactly out of phase
and end up with a big mess!  :<

And, quite amusing when folks see me in something unexpected
(e.g., today I have a bright red shirt on  :> )

> > > Didn't the original poster say something about not
> > > wanting to start a flame war?  Maybe he should have asked
> > > about the best text file editor in the world (heheheheh).
> >
> > Ah, we all know that would be qedx...  :-/
>
> Heresy!

Actually, I liked qedx -- in its day.  :-/  Nowadays, it would
never work for my needs, though.