[Tfug] top/bottom and middle posting

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:16:26 MST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jim Secan <jim at nwra.com> wrote:

> Well, depending on who it is, I might say "good morning" or "hey" or
> "where's that $100 you owe me, you bottom-feeding pond scum" and so forth.
>  Always disliked one-size-fits-all conventions.  As a sage once said, rules
> do not sit well on the creative mind.

"I don't like rules" is hardly a good reason to break from agreed-upon
conventions that help people communicate with each other.  If one spoke a
version of Spanish and Klingon with German sentence structure just because
he didn't like rules, he would have the right.  But if he wishes to be
understood, he might try to speak reasonably well in the language of the
listener.