[Tfug] Hackable phone?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:21:25 MST 2009

> I'm looking for a phone with buil-in WiFi, touch screen, etc.
> that I can *hack*.  Preferably, something that is "outdated"
> (i.e., that I can pick up on eBay -- I'd hate to end up
> busting a brand new iPhone, etc.).  Ideally, something I
> can find a *couple* of (so I can break one while I am
> dicking around with it  :> )

If the phone portion isn't needed, there are plenty of iPaqs and other
PDA's that work.

Supposedly Nokia's S60 phones will run python and other open code, but
they lack touchscreens:

http://opensource.nokia.com/projects/index.html

There's not a whole lot else out there unless you buy an Android
phone, through their developer program

- Zack