[Tfug] Mac OSX permission problem...

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Sun Feb 15 10:39:26 MST 2009

Odd.  Maybe this is just a 10.5 problem, because I tried a test on a 10.4
system, and "chmod -R g+w *" did just what I expected - added write
permissions for group to all directories and files in and below the
directory I was in.  I didn't try chown.  The explanation of -R on both
man pages is a bit on the odd side, perhaps it was written in Cantonese
and translated into English by an  ubergeek Swede.  The desciption of ACL
access/usage on the chmod man page isn't that great either.

Jim