[Tfug] OT - PC Autostart Hardware

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Wed Feb 11 14:02:33 MST 2009

On 11 Feb 2009 at 8:20, Eric Gearhart  wrote:

> Are there actual OS level tweaks to make? I thought you just enable "Wake on
> LAN" in the BIOS, sling the magic packet at that puppy, and you're good.

On every Windows box I tried this on, I had to enable WOL in the BIOS and then
in the Windows "Device Manager", use the Windows drivers to enable it as well.
Just enabling it in the BIOS or just using the Device Mangler didn't do it.

I haven't ever enabled WOL on a *nix box so I don't know how it would work
there.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona