[Tfug] Some news in hackintosh circles..

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 08:10:57 MST 2009

I think you misunderstood the point I was making.

Psystar's backers are likely HP, Dell, and other companies that want to
break free of their Microsoft ball and chain. They spend way too much
money helping their customers with an OS that's continuously screwing
up, unreliable, confusing, and slow. It would serve their interests (and
their bottom line) greatly, to have OS X running on their gear. Why do
you think Dell has offered systems with Linux pre-installed? To make the
0.1% of their customer base (the hobbyist tinkerer) happy? Nope. These
people tend to build their own systems.

Microsoft's biggest fear is having to go nose-to-nose with OS X, because
they know they'll lose.  If you want to kill Microsoft, switch to OS X.
Game over.

Who knows...witth their bread and butter gone, maybe they'll go back
where they belong..... ripping off CP/M and writing BASIC interpreters. :)

Cheers,
Bowie