[Tfug] Hate to say I told you so..

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Fri Feb 6 08:12:31 MST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 9:22 am, John Karns wrote:

> On 2/4/09, r-lists at studiosprocket.com <r-lists at studiosprocket.com>
> wrote:
>> For music, I have iTunes on the Mac. On Ubuntu, there's Songbird.
>> Okay, so
>> I go to rip a CD...
>>
>> ...and you can't.
>
> It sounds like you're lacking some library or other.  Last I tried, I
> didn't have a problem on my Ubuntu (Feisty) system.

Bloody typical. By researching the issue, not finding anything in the
docs, and eventually finding a few forum postings that say something
like "Songbird doesn't support ripping CDs", I cut myself off from
actually getting it to work because it's stealth-supported.

Great. Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it.

(btw: any word on aac chapters? *ducks*)

R.