[Tfug] MythTV and Cox/DirecTV

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Feb 1 10:57:42 MST 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 10:44:55AM -0700, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2009 at 21:39, Jeff Breadner  wrote:
>
> > and IIRC they charge $15/month for a HD receiver (you can't buy one) so
>
> FWIW, and IANAL, but IMHO you could probably challenge that in court, that's
> much the same as Ma Bell requiring you to rent the telephone, and that was
> overrulled decades ago.

They're charging (more) for the HD STB than just the regular STB.  If
you don't have a cable box (and pay for cable) I do forget what HD
channels you get, esp if you don't tell them you have an HDTV now (which
is the case at my Grandmother-in-laws, haven't checked if she gets HD
stuff or not in a while).

--
Tom Rini