[Tfug] Audio client

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 18:39:51 MST 2009

Hi Steve,

> > *My* implementation won't be using any of these "heavy" OS's.
> > I'll leave it to others how *they*& want to design their
> > server side of things (I prefer something lean and *very*
> > low power and none of the UN*X-class implementations seem
> > geared to that)  :<
>
> The LPC2468 comes to mind...I wasn't being entirely facetious.
> You do have to put ram & nand flash in your layout if you want
> to run linux on it, however, but it does get you down into the
> milliwatts power/mini size...course you'd have to figure out how to
> get the uaudio driver into the nand chip, which I've never messed
> with...

My goal is a 6 sq in board.  *Including* the network connector,
audio out connectors, PoE converter and audio amp.  I.e., you
*have* to go SoC to get that small.

> > Aw, c'mon... it won't BYTE!  :>
>
> FreeBSD doesn't even document how to rescan cards in an internal usb

Can't offer you any help there.  I stopped chasing FBSD back around
2.2.6 (?) -- though I *started* with 0.9!

> reader, let alone writing device drivers...I'm happy to add
> cost to my bom if I can get a working pcb in weeks instead of months
> ;)

I have longer term goals -- else I would just shell out cash for
an Audiotron or similar (trade money for time).  I.e., I'd like
my BoM to be ~25 in tiny lot sizes.