[Tfug] Audio client

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:01:42 MST 2009

> *My* implementation won't be using any of these "heavy" OS's.
> I'll leave it to others how *they*& want to design their
> server side of things (I prefer something lean and *very*
> low power and none of the UN*X-class implementations seem
> geared to that)  :<

The LPC2468 comes to mind...I wasn't being entirely facetious.  You do
have to put ram & nand flash in your layout if you want to run linux
on it, however, but it does get you down into the milliwatts
power/mini size...course you'd have to figure out how to get the
uaudio driver into the nand chip, which I've never messed with...

> Aw, c'mon... it won't BYTE!  :>

FreeBSD doesn't even document how to rescan cards in an internal usb
reader, let alone writing device drivers...I'm happy to add cost to my
bom if I can get a working pcb in weeks instead of months ;)