[Tfug] Audio client

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Sat Dec 26 11:03:51 MST 2009

Bexley Hall wrote:
>>> In-wall speakers are getting very cheap:
>>>
>>> $43 for a pair:
>>> http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10837&cs_id=1083701&p_id=4102&seq=1&format=2
>>>
>>> http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10837
>>>
>> Hmmm... how deep are these (I will chase the link after
>> SEND)?
>>

> Mounting depth:  3 in.
> Shall I assume that is from the *back* surface of the bezel
> to the back of the magnet assembly?  So, for a 4.75" wall,
> you actually have ~4.25" of usable depth (from the outside
> surface of the wall to the inside surface of the wallboard
> on the "other" side of the wall).  In which case, the
> magnet would never come close to the wall board behind?

For some reason I tend to prefer the non-round speakers for inwall, and
yes, they will fit in 2x4" walls, you add the depth of the drywall and
the wall cavity to get your total depth.

I have actually put a bunch of these in a 2"x4" framed wall.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10837&cs_id=1083703&p_id=4101&seq=1&format=3#specification

                                     Harry