[Tfug] USB Hubs

earljviolet at deserthowler.com earljviolet at deserthowler.com
Sun Aug 30 19:23:47 MST 2009

On Sun, August 30, 2009 11:34 am, Bexley Hall wrote:
> Argh!  I've lost my second USB (2.0) hub this year.
> Is this just bad luck on my part?  Or, are these
> things known to be cheap/flakey/disposable?  Or,
> do I perhaps need to mount it someplace where it
> can better dissipate heat (I have it fastened to
> the underside of my work table so the connectors
> are convenient for plugging thumb drives, etc.)

I a 4 port that is called a Miro.  I can't tell you how long this will
last because I've had it for only 5 or 6 years.  I ran a printer and a
scanner off it for about 3 years.  Now it does just an occasional thumb
drive.

A few years ago I heard some thumb drives caused problems with USB
circuitry but I never experienced that and don't remember the rumored evil
ones (someone else on the list might know).  Old age and apathy are a bad
combination for memory.

Earl