[Tfug] Let's play "ID this code"! (serious issue actually)

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 17:49:39 MST 2009

> As a *first* step, I would ascertain just what tables exist
> in the database and their potential relationships BEFORE
> trying to extract any data.  Unless it is a *single* table,
> chances are, knowing how those tables relate to each other
> is important in determining what actual data you have!

Totally agreed there - if you don't know what format you're pulling
the data from, there's little point to grabbing it out wholesale.

Access, or the tools built into SQL Server Express are probably
sufficient for this.

As an aside, the code I sent was from a project where we exported data
from one database into another on a daily basis.

- Zack