[Tfug] OS written in Assembly

Jordan Aberle jordan.aberle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:28:10 MST 2009

Something like this would have be more useful 20 years ago when space was
more of an issue.  Still, it is quite an accomplishment.  How many people
can say they have written a network aware OS in assembly?
The idea of this being used in parking meters is very interesting, why not
light bulbs?  1mb OS with ipv6 support running for every light bulb in the
US to let a server know when it's about to go out so a replacement can be
shipped before it goes out? hmmm

As far as knowing about this in 2001, it clearly states the first release
was 22.06.2005, maybe you were thinking of something else?

-Jordan