[Tfug] KMail Questions

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Wed Aug 19 14:45:24 MST 2009

I've been moderately inspired, and recently switched to KMail, finally; and I
like using it except for "sending" by clicking the "Send" icon in the
composer window -which only puts the message in the outbox.

For a full day I had "applied" the option "send on mailchecks" but that didn't
work, unless it was a manual mail check according to the manual page, but I
think even that didn't work.

What I have to do is go to the outbox, click on the mesage I want to send and
then of the two options in the "File" menu, "Send Queued Messages" and "Send
Queued Messages Via>" only the later works.

Then the "Sending unencrypted warning box..." appears, I click that; and
finally the message is sent.

Is this normal behavior?

Also, I had a compose window open with some content for about a couple hours,
and when I tried to send it, it took the whole kmail process down including
the panel icon... ofcourse when I reopened kmail the email was complete in
the outbox.

All very interesting.

Thanks again,
Charles
--
This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged or
confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If you received this