[Tfug] trouble playing flash video in firefox

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Fri Aug 14 16:05:19 MST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 14:24, charles wiggins wrote:
> hello
> can any one help me  fix firefox.
> It was working fine until ubuntu  offered a security update to the system.
> after installing the update firefox no longer plays youtube videos or
> google news videos properly. when i click a news vid a black window appears
> and the audio plays, sometimes that even stops playing. but no video plays
> at all.

Do you have FlashBlock or AdBlock installed as a FF plugin? I notice this on
some sites... It looks like the sites are using multiple Flash Objects in a
single page, one is the actual player, others download or set varibles that
tell the player what to play. If you have FlashBlock installed, sometime
there will be a "hidden" Flash object on the page that doesn't get loaded (or
I have noticed, doesn;t get loaded in the proper order with the others), so
the main player Flash object fails to work properly... Piss poor assumptions
on the part of the web programmers in my opinion.

Adrian