[Tfug] OT: Battery Powered Transportation: Converting Thermal to Electrical Energy

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 21:03:23 MST 2009

Hi Charles,

> Thank you Bexley,

Don  :>

> > I think the fallacy in the "article" you cite is the premise
> > that *all* transportation energy needs will be replaced with
> > electricity.
>
> The article I cite is my own.

Yes, I assumed that by noting no author information in
the "Document Properties"  :>

> Firstly, the motive for electric vehicle transport is to
> make a significant impact on the consumption of hydrocarbon
> fuel by the transportation sector, ie. foreign fuel, perhaps
> using low-emission energy such as windmills, nuclear plants,
> etc.

See, this is where I disagree.  I don't think the impact will
be "significant" (a subjective term, of course... perhaps
my idea of significant differs from yours?).  I think this is
just part of an overall shift in mindsets that must (?) take
place to bring energy demands down to something more reasonable.

For example, to get people thinking about smaller vehicles
as *acceptable* modes of transportation.  Or, for a variety
of vehicles at your disposal to more closely fit your exact
"task specific" needs.

So, instead of driving your land yacht to the grocery store
half a mile away, you possibly walk (gasp!) instead.  Or,
use the eq