[Tfug] Qwest Motorola 3347

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Thu Aug 6 14:36:48 MST 2009

On 6 Aug 2009 at 7:21, Rich  wrote:

> I'm not finding anything about a "widely known DNS hack", but I have  to get
> out of the house :-) I'll keep looking tomorrow.

If your router has the factory default password, malware that gets into a
system inside the LAN can log in to it behind your back and set the DNS to a
bad DNS server.  PCs which get their DNS from the router via DHCP will have all
their traffic routed via the malicious DNS server, compromising all their
traffic, even though they themselves have no malware....

http://www.google.com/search?q=malicious+dns+router+password

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona