[Tfug] Qwest Motorola 3347

Rich r-lists at studiosprocket.com
Tue Aug 4 07:17:40 MST 2009

Anyone else had problems with the Motorola 3347 dsl modem + wireless
router?

I had a perfectly good 2-wire modem + wireless router, but Qwest
pushed a firmware update which killed the wireless side. (I still
have that if anyone can help out there.)

So, three promises of a replacement 2-wire modem and three Motorola
3347s later, I'm stuck.

Everything works, except for routing between machines on the LAN. So,
I can connect wirelessly or wired; I can connect to the Internet. The
only thing I cannot do is, for example, ssh to another box on the
LAN. I'm just using IP addresses.

I can ping, I can broadcast ping. Can't do ssh.

I managed to set up a VLAN, and all my machines could suddenly
communicate with each other -- except there was no routing from the
VLAN to the Internet!

I think that's the heart of the problem -- somehow, machines on the
regular LAN (no VLAN) are being routed to the Internet, rather than
on the LAN, despite using IP addresses.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Rich.