[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 21:23:49 MST 2009

Just a few administrative notes...

>> Thanks for the info. Are there other GUI options? Will xorg compile on it?
>
> It's called XDarwin.  There are packages for many things.

That's a bit out of date - the X11.app in 10.4 and 10.5 supersedes XDarwin.

> Fink provides a
> package system based on apt-get for which there are many packages.

Also there's macports, if you want a more BSD port style (compile
everything from source) distribution.

> By installing the development system you can compile almost anything.

You can get the Developer Tools off the install DVD, but newer
versions are available with a free signup to the Apple Developer
Connection.

- Zack