[Tfug] downgrading Xorg

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sun Aug 2 11:08:31 MST 2009

Thanks for the info,
        This is not what I wanted to hear. My impression is that there
is progenitor
institution in the Linux commnity such as  http://xorg.freedesktop.org/.
It comes
out with versions of the "xorg-server" that get massaged by a given distro
organization with some semblance  of version number consistency.
Unfortunately
this is not the case.  It's like "nailing jello to a wall" there is no
consistency.
         The only thing that makes sense to me is the website:

             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System#Release_history

And only the latest revisions start to make sense WRT Gentoo.

                                                                    Erich