[Tfug] downgrading Xorg

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Sun Aug 2 09:12:18 MST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:05 PM, erich<erich1 at copper.net> wrote:
> The command "xdpyinfo" on my machine says X.Org version: 1.3.0. So here's my
> question: Do other distros have a package called xorg-sever.deb/rpm? When
> you
> type your xdpyinfo does the X.Org version match (partly) the package
> version?

I'm sitting at my daughter's computer right now, using Edubuntu 9.04 /
Jaunty.  I imagine any Jaunty Ubuntu / Kubuntu / etc. machine would
have the same results though.

xdpyinfo returns (in part):

X.Org version: 1.6.0

As for packages installed:

dpkg -l | grep -i xorg
ii  xorg                                       1:7.4~5ubuntu18
                  X.Org X Window System
ii  xserver-xorg                          1:7.4~5ubuntu18
             the X.Org X server
ii  xserver-xorg-core                  2:1.6.0-0ubuntu14
          Xorg X server - core server
(many more xserver-xorg-* results, with varying version numbers)

cheers
  Jeff