[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 23:35:59 MST 2009

I'm telling you, Apple's OS has no way to ID a real Apple.

The information the OS relies upon, can, like everything else, be
hacked. The lowest of the low-level resources on PCs is the BIOS. Macs
use something called an EFI, which is sort of the next evolutionary step
up from BIOS.  I can selectively tell the EFI to mimic the individual
characteristics of about a dozen different Mac laptops and desktops,
from old iMacs all the way up to modern Mac Pros. Its trivial.

Chameleon EFI and UEFI are wonderful things.