[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:56:34 MST 2009

>>I'm not anti-Linux. I'm just tired of seeing the Linux scene decay into another Amiga fanclub full of hopeful die hards that think the platform will one day rise up again.<<

Where's your evidence we're collapsing?  Seriously?

We're making decent progress.  Google's distro will help, we'll
finally have a serious-sized company behind a free (as in doesn't cost
anything) distro made to work.

(And sorry, Fedora doesn't count, it's deliberately too bleeding edge
to be useful for non-geeks.)

>>It's not gonna happen. Knowing that, it's time to move on to other free Unixes out there. I suggest Darwin/OS X.<<

And that's completely insane.  "Oh great, let's all try and use an
operating while dodging Apple trying to drive wooden stakes through
our hearts..."

Recipe for success...NOT.