[Tfug] Why Wubi is the stupidest idea in Linux history...

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:19:09 MST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Steve Franks <franks at rudbek.com> wrote:

> >> By the way, GNOME was the stupidest idea in Linux history. Not Wubi. :)
> >>

> +2
>
> Personally, I find all the cutesy icons in KDE to be even more
> nauseating than gnome...
>
> Ok, flame me now ;)
>
> Steve

I have to confess the anti-Gnome thing seems strange to me. I have installed
Kubuntu and others to see the new KDE, and I am familiar with the older 3.5,
and I always go back to Gnome. I am presently very happy with Ubuntu Jaunty.

Is the fuss about it not attracting more Windows-accustomed users, or what?
Gnome just has always been a better fit for me. I really like it, so
- 1

Hahahaha! :)

Matthew