[Tfug] Scripting Question

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Sat Apr 18 00:52:45 MST 2009

If I'm a superlazy user and want a keyboard shortcut to run a pair of
scripts that contain commands that require the superuser's priveleges,
what's a safe way to do that?  For example, a script that is only
executable, not readable or writeable, and contains commands such as mount
but is able to run via a user who is not root.  Or is this a super
horrible idea for some reason?

I don't want to have to login in as superuser, I don't want to have to
enter a password, or sudo, etc.

I just want to press a button to unlock/lock a set of files and
directories by umounting and chmoding them after backing them up; so the
unlocking script wil contain mount, chmod, etc. and the locking script
will contain cp, chmod ,umount, etc.

Thanks,
charles

--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is
priveleged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If