[Tfug] Hardware reliability

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 10:09:51 MST 2009

I started buying computers around 1986.  Of the ones I've bought I have a laptop that randomly turns itself off.  Bought it in 2002 or 2003.  Worked good for about 3 years then it started to just shut down.  And it happens often.  Other than that and the battery it is perfectly good.  That is a funny statement.

I think I lost a video card about 15 years ago. Currently I have 2 computers that are coming up to 3 years and a file server that is over 4 years old.  Everything works fine.

About 12 years my boss lost a hard drive and a month or two later I lost my hard drive.

I guess these guys are more reliable than I was thinking they are.

Keith Smith