[Tfug] [OT] Microsoft Windows 7: Upgrade or just buy a pizza?

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Tue Apr 14 21:27:13 MST 2009

keith smith wrote:

> You say "The point is despite the fact that _you_ don't think that
> it's worth contributing".
>
> I never said I don't think that it is worth contributing.  I would not
> be on this list if I felt that way.  I'd be on a dot net and/or a
> windows server list someplace.
>
> I started with a question - Who pays?  And a statement - No Free Lunches.
>
> I wish I had the skills abilities and resources to contribute.  I
> applaud those who can and do.
>
> ------------------------
> Keith Smith

Yes, I apologize, there was no need to make this personal.

I do feel that my point remains though; there is obviously a large group
of people, that for whatever reason decide that they can and will
contribute.  I don't think that in 5 or 10 or however many years every
one of these people (or even the majority) will wake up and say "wait,
I'm doing this for free?" and stop contributing; the community is there,
and thriving, and will remain so regardless of the economics affecting
any given individual or business.

cheers
  Jeff