[Tfug] [OT] Microsoft Windows 7: Upgrade or just buy a pizza?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:59:42 MST 2009

> Detroit should *give* us "basic" automobiles for free -- folks who
> want sound systems, navigation systems, better gas mileage, etc.
> would then be the only folks who would *have* to pay (for those
> "improvements").  <grin>

When Detroit finds a way to replicate their cars for less than a
dollar, I'll agree with you. :)

What I meant was that there is plenty of money out there in the
service, customization, and support industries, and that isn't going
away anytime soon, and in many cases can't be shipped overseas.

Also, on a philosophical note, is it better to have the programmers of
the world continuing to reinvent the wheel via competition among
themselves, or building upon the shoulders of the peers to reach
unforeseen heights?

- Zack